Turkey Veggie Chili with Shredded Cheese
- Melt 2 tablespoons light butter substitute spread in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and cook onion and green pepper, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes or until tender. Add remaining 2 tablespoons. Spread and cook ground turkey, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes or until done.
- Stir in beans, tomatoes, corn, jalapeno pepper, chili powder and garlic powder. Reduce heat to low and simmer covered, stirring occasionally, 30 minutes.
- Top with cheese and sour cream. Serve with rice.
- 4 Tbsp. light butter substitute spread
- 1 medium. onion
- 1 medium. green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 lb. extra lean ground turkey
- 1 can. (15.5 oz.) low sodium red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can. (14.5 oz.) no salt added diced tomatoes
- 1 cup. frozen whole kernel corn
- 1 medium. jalapeno pepper, chopped
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 cup. shredded low fat cheddar cheese (about 2 oz.)
- 3 Tbsp. fat free sour cream
- 2 cups. cooked brown rice
Preparation Minutes: 15
Cook Minutes: 45