Stuffed Parmesan Mushrooms
A delicious, cheesy, and savory vegetarian version of the classic Italian dish even meat lovers will enjoy. Start with large portobello mushrooms grilled until tender. Then bake them in tomato and basil sauce with cheese, served over pasta. What’s not to love?
- 4 Servings
- 20 min Prep Time
- 45 min Total Time
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Drizzle both sides of mushrooms and red peppers with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Grill until almost tender, turning once, about 10 minutes, then slice.
- Spread 1 cup tomato & basil pasta sauce in 13 X 9-inch baking dish. Arrange mushrooms on sauce, then evenly top with spinach, red peppers, then remaining sauce. Sprinkle evenly with cheeses.
- Bake uncovered 15 minutes.
- Serve mushrooms over hot cooked spaghetti.
- 8 large portobello mushrooms
- 3 large red bell peppers, quartered
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 3 cups tomato & basil pasta sauce
- 5 oz shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 6 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- 10 oz whole grain spaghetti, cooked an drained
- 10 oz frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry