Apple Glazed Chicken with Spinach and Potatoes
This Asian-inspired entrée features faraway flavors that jazz up chicken night. Broiled until tender and topped with an apple ginger glaze – it’s so good, leftovers aren’t guaranteed.
- 4 Servings
- 10 min Prep Time
- 30 min Total Time
- Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees.
- To prepare the glaze, in a small microwave-safe bowl combine apple jelly, soy sauce, thyme, lemon peel, and ginger.
- Microwave, uncovered, on 100% power (high) for 60 to 90 seconds or just until jelly is melted, stirring once. Reserve 2 tablespoons of the glaze.
- Chop your carrots and russet potatoes before placing on a cookie sheet. Cut up your 3 tablespoons of butter and add to the cookie sheet. Season your vegetables with salt and pepper.
- Allow your vegetables time to cook as you are preparing your chicken. Make sure to flip them at least once during the cooking process.
- Clean and prepare your chicken thighs, making sure to season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Smother the chicken in glaze before adding it to the top rack of your oven in a broiler pan.
- Broil 4 to 5 inches from the heat for 12 to 15 minutes or until chicken is tender and no longer pink, turning once halfway through the broiling time and brushing with the remaining glaze during the last 5 minutes of broiling.
- Discard remainder of glaze used as a brush-on.
- Meanwhile, coat an unheated large nonstick saucepan with nonstick cooking spray. Preheat over medium heat.
- Add apple, onion, and garlic to hot saucepan; cook and stir for 3 minutes. Stir in the reserved 2 tablespoons glaze; bring to boiling.
- Add spinach; toss just until wilted.
- To serve, divide spinach mixture and vegetables between plates and top with chicken.
- 2 tbsp apple jelly
- 2 tbsp reduced sodium soy sauce
- 3 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- ½ tsp fresh grated ginger
- 4 chicken thighs
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 medium apples, cored and coarsely chopped
- 1 cup yellow onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups spinach
- 4 tbsp butter
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 russet potatoes, chopped