Asparagus Fries with Pepper Aioli
A mini-meal that is Keto-approved, these asparagus “fries” are coated in a crunchy Parmesan coating. Enjoy with a delicious roasted red pepper dip.
Enjoy as a mini-meal as part of the Men’s SlimFast Plan or if you’re following SlimFast Keto for Men!
- 4 Serving
- 5 min Prep Time
- 15 min Total Time
- Heat oven to 425 F. Wash the asparagus spears and cut in half.
- In a food processor, combine the shredded Parmesan cheese, parsley, garlic powder, and pulse until fine.
- Add almond flour to the food processor and pulse once or twice to mix. Transfer to a medium sized shallow dish. Stir in smoked paprika.
- In a medium bowl, beat two eggs until they become frothy. The eggs will adhere to the asparagus much better if they are beaten well. Transfer egg to a medium size shallow dish.
- Dip asparagus spears in the egg mixture first. Holding the spear above the Parmesan flour mixture, gently sprinkle while turning until the asparagus is lightly coated. Make sure to keep the asparagus from touching the flour mix or the egg will cause it to become too moist and clumpy. Repeat with each spear.
- Place coated asparagus tightly spaced on a baking sheet and top with the leftover Parmesan flour mixture.
- Bake until the coating begins to brown and the asparagus is only slightly tender, about 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl mix the finely chopped roasted red pepper and mayonnaise.
- Chill the sauce in the refrigerator and allow the flavors to combine. Stir well before serving.
- Once asparagus fries are crisp and brown, remove from the oven and serve hot with the dip!
- 10 medium asparagus spears
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 2 tbsp parsley, chopped
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ cup almond flour
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp roasted red pepper, finely chopped