Baked Cod with Asparagus and Tomatoes
Looking for a quick and simple fish dinner? Check out this recipe for deliciously flakey baked cod served over fresh asparagus and chopped blistered tomatoes.
SlimFast Tip: You can reduce number of carbs and calories by replacing some of the brown rice with cauliflower rice or omitting brown rice and serving with cauliflower rice.
- 4 Servings
- Prep Time
- Total Time
- Preheat oven to 400° F and begin to prepare rice according to package directions. Reserve 2 tbsp of whipped butter to fluff rice with once cooked.
- Cut the ends off the asparagus and slice tomatoes in half.
- Place fish on a sheet pan, melt 2 tbsp of butter and spread equally over the fish.
- Season to taste with salt, pepper and garlic powder or your favorite seafood seasoning.
- Arrange asparagus and tomatoes (flat side down) on sheet pan around fish. Season vegetables with salt,pepper and garlic powder or your favorite seasoning.
- Squeeze lemon juice over veggies and fish, reserving 8 wedges for serving.
- Bake fish for 15 minutes, adjusting time depending on thickness of fish. Fish will be firm and flake easily when cooked through.
- Remove from oven and serve!
- 2 lb cod or other fish such as haddock, tilapia, etc.
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 6 tbsp light whipped butter
- 2 lb of asparagus
- 2-3 lemons cut into wedges
- 2 tsp garlic powder