Baked Mozzarella Sticks
Crispy on the outside and perfectly gooey in the middle, these delicious and guiltless mozzarella sticks are perfect for your next party or a simple afternoon snack!
- 4 Servings
- 15 min Prep Time
- 30 min Total Time
- Preheat oven to 425 F. Line a baking sheet with foil and spray heavily with cooking spray.
- Freeze Mozzarella cheese sticks until hard (about 30 minutes).
- Place flour in one bowl and egg in a second bowl. In a third bowl, add bread crumbs, onion powder, garlic powder, chili powder, and salt and whisk to combine.
- Toss the cheese sticks in the flour to coat, then in the egg mixture, then in the crumb mixture.
- Dip each coated cheese stick into the egg mixture one more time, and then back in the crumb mixture one more time.
- Freeze sticks about 15 minutes. (This will keep the cheese from melting too fast while the coating gets crispy in the oven).
- Place cheese sticks in a single layer on prepared baking sheet. Spray thoroughly with cooking spray.
- Bake 5-8 minutes, then turn and cook another 5-8 minutes on other side until golden and crispy.
- Allow to cool slightly before serving with ranch or marinara dipping sauce.
- 8 reduced-fat Mozzarella cheese sticks
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp salt
- Optional: ranch or marinara sauce