Basil Lemon Chicken over Zoodles
This delicious and healthy alternative to the classic pasta dish packs just as much flavor, but lowers the amount of carbs by substituting zucchini noodles for fettuccine. Just toss your chicken and zoodles in this delicious pesto-lemon sauce and serve for a quick family meal!
- 4 Servings
- Prep Time
- Total Time
- To start, pound your chicken to an even thickness.
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat, add 1 tbsp of butter and chicken. Cook for about 5 minutes per side, until cooked through or it reaches an internal temperature of 165°F.
- Meanwhile, using a spiral vegetable slicer, cut zucchini into spaghetti-like noodles. Alternatively, you can used approximately 4 ½ cups of pre-sliced zucchini noodles.
- Transfer chicken to a cutting board.
- Transfer your zucchini to the skillet. Cook and stir zucchini noodles until hot and slightly softened, about 3 minutes.
- Transfer noodles to a strainer, and thoroughly drain all excess liquid.
- In your skillet, add 1 tbsp of butter, red bell pepper and garlic, and cook until mostly softened and browned, about 5 minutes.
- Return drained noodles to the skillet. Add basil pesto sauce, lemon juice, remaining butter, and remaining 1/8 tsp. each salt and pepper. Cook and stir until liquid has reduced, about 3 minutes.
- Slice chicken, and serve over noodles. Enjoy!
- 2 lbs. skinless boneless chicken breast
- 8 tbsp butter
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 medium zucchini, skin on
- 10 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tbsp basil pesto sauce
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped