Brined & Baked Chicken Breast over Rice and Peppers
- To brine your chicken breasts, fill a large bowl with 1 quart of warm water and 1/4 cup kosher salt. Stir to combine until most of the salt is absorbed. Add the chicken breasts and let them sit in the mixture to brine for 15 minutes. Or you can also also cover the bowl and refrigerate for up to 6 hours.
- Remove the chicken breasts from the brine, rinse them with cold water, then pat them dry with some paper towels.
- Preheat oven to 450 F.
- Place the chicken breasts in a single layer in a large baking dish or roasting pan.
- Brush both sides (turning once) evenly with the melted butter or olive oil.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk the salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning until combined. Then sprinkle the mixture evenly over the chicken on both sides.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and no longer pink.
- Once the chicken is cooked, remove the pan from the oven, transfer the chicken to a clean plate, and loosely tent the plate with aluminum foil. Let the chicken rest for at least 5-10 minutes.
- Serve over rice and mixed bell peppers.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3 tbsp butter, melted
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- ½ tsp paprika
- 1 cup white rice, cooked
- 3 mixed bell peppers, sliced
- 2 tbsp Italian seasoning