Butternut Squash and Cauliflower Casserole
Break with tradition for something better than mashed potatoes. This Keto-compatible butternut squash and cauliflower casserole is pureed until smooth. Heavy cream and Parmesan cheese increase the flavor factor.
Enjoy as a snack as part of the standard SlimFast Plan or if you’re following SlimFast Keto!
- 12 Servings
- 10 min Prep Time
- 52 min Total Time
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large pot, steam squash, cauliflower, and garlic cloves until tender, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Drain vegetables very well in a colander, shaking to remove any excess water, and then transfer half to a food processor. Puree until smooth and transfer to a large bowl, then repeat with remaining vegetables.
- Stir half of the Parmesan, cream, salt, pepper, and dried thyme.
- Transfer pureed vegetables to a 3 to 4 quart glass or ceramic baking dish and spread out smoothly.
- Top with remaining Parmesan and bake for 30 minutes.
- Turn broiler on high and broil 5 minutes to brown topping.
- Serve hot.
- 2 cups butternut squash, cubed
- 1 large head of cauliflower, cut into florets
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 1/2 cups Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 oz whipping cream
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp thyme, dried