SlimFast Advanced Cake Pops
These fun & diet-friendly Cake Pops let you have your cake (and eat it too). Dipped in white chocolate and made with SlimFast Advanced Nutrition Smoothie Mix, they’re a bite-sized blank canvas for decorating. No matter what holiday it is, you’ll be on a roll…
Enjoy one cake pop as a delectable snack or dessert as part of the SlimFast Plan!
- 40 Servings
- 15 min Prep Time
- 171 min Total Time
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease a 9 inch pan.
- Whisk the SlimFast Advanced Smoothie Mix, flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Fold the sugar substitute into the margarine until combined and creamed, about 2 minutes.
- Add the egg and vanilla extract and mix until combined.
- Add the wet ingredients with the dry ingredients until combined. Batter will be slightly thick. Pour the batter evenly into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 30-36 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. If the top begins browning too quickly in the oven, loosely place a piece of aluminum foil on top.
- Allow the cake to cool completely in the pan.
- Melt ½ cup of the chocolate wafers to bind the cake pops.
- Crumble the cooled cake into the bowl on top of the melted chocolate. Make sure there are no large lumps, mix until combined.
- Measure 1 tbsp of moist cake mixture and roll into a ball. Place balls on a lined baking sheet. Refrigerate for 2 hours or freeze for 1 hour.
- Re-roll the chilled balls to smooth out, if needed. Place back into the fridge as you'll only work with a couple at a time.
- Melt the rest of the chocolate wafers for coating.
- Remove only 2-3 cake balls from the refrigerator at a time. Dip a lollipop stick about 1/2 inch into the coating, then insert into the center of the cake ball. Only push it about halfway through the cake ball.
- Dip the cake ball into the coating until it is completely covered. Make sure the coating covers the base of the cake ball where it meets the lollipop stick.
- Decorate and place upright into a styrofoam block or box to allow even drying. Repeat with remaining cake balls, only working with some out of the refrigerator at a time. The cake balls must be very cold when dipping!
- Coating will set within an hour. Store cake pops in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
- 2 scoops SlimFast Advanced Nutrition Vanilla Cream Smoothie Mix
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar substitute
- 20 oz white chocolate melting wafers
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup margarine
- 1 large egg
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk