Caramelized Onion & Feta Cauliflower Flatbread
Attention dough devotees: you don’t have to pass up on pizza. Simple modifications can take your favorite pie from carb-bomb to da-bomb. If you haven’t tried a low-carb cauliflower crust yet – you’re missing out! Sub this crispy, crunchy base for the traditional carb-laden kind.
- 1 Servings
- 10 min Prep Time
- 60 min Total Time
- Preheat your oven to 375 F and line a small baking sheet with parchment paper, or mini loaf pan tray.
- Heat oil in a medium pan on stove over medium heat.
- Chop red onion and add to pan.
- Stir the onions until translucent and then allow to sit and cook for 10 minutes.
- Rinse cauliflower, remove the outer leaves and separate into florets.
- Place cauliflower in a food processor and process until "rice" texture is achieved.
- Place cauliflower rice on prepared baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove cooked cauliflower rice from the oven and transfer to a bowl lined with a double layered cheesecloth or thin linen towel.
- Squeeze the liquid of out the ball of cauliflower as much as you can. The less water, the quicker and crispier the crust will cook.
- Increase oven temperature to 450 F and transfer cauliflower to mixing bowl along with egg, Parmesan cheese, seasonings, salt and black pepper then mix to combine.
- Transfer cauliflower mixture onto baking sheet, with new parchment paper lining.
- Flatten with your hands until thin pizza crust forms.
- Bake for 15 - 20 minutes and remove from the oven. If you would like a crispy cauliflower pizza crust, flip it and bake for a few more minutes until crispy.
- Top with spinach, artichoke hearts, mozzarella, half of your feta cheese, and onion and bake again until cheese on top turns golden brown.
- Remove from oven, add remaining feta cheese.
- Cut into four slices and enjoy.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup red onion, chopped
- 1 head, cauliflower
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup fat free Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- dash of salt
- dash of ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup reduced fat Feta cheese
- 1/2 cup fat free Mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup raw spinach, chopped
- 1/4 cup artichoke hearts