Carrot & Lentil Soup
This carrot and lentil soup is filled with carrots, lentils, ginger, cumin, and cilantro. As flavorful as it is healthy.
- 4 Servings
- Prep Time
- Total Time
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat. Add the onion and carrots and cook for 5 minutes before stirring in the lentils.
- Add the vegetable stock, ginger, and cumin then give the pan a stir. Cover with a lid and leave to simmer for 25 minutes until the carrots are tender.
- Blend the soup with a hand blender and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with a pinch of chili flakes and some fresh cilantro to garnish.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cups carrots, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 cup red lentils
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- ¼ tsp red chili flakes (optional)
- 1 cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped (optional)