Chicken and Broccoli Pasta Bake
Made from scratch, with no heavy cream! A healthy twist on a classic, using lite sour cream instead of heavy cream still makes for a tasty dinner, give it a go!
- 4 Servings
- Prep Time
- Total Time
- Preheat the oven to 375° F.
- Bring a large saucepan of water to a boil. Throw in the pasta, stir well, and return to boil.
- Cook for 6 minutes, then add the cut-up broccoli. Cook for 7-8 minutes more until the pasta is just cooked.
- Drain well, then return to the pan.
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a large non-stick skillet, add garlic and chicken and fry until lightly browned.
- Add in the mushrooms, leeks and herbs and sweat for a further 5 minutes with the lid on until the vegetables soften.
- Take off the heat. Then add the light sour cream and 2/3 of the cheese and stir until melted.
- Combine the pasta and broccoli into the chicken mixture and stir well. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place in an oven proof dish and sprinkle with breadcrumbs and the remaining cheese and bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown.
- 8 oz whole wheat penne pasta
- 4 cups broccoli, chopped into small florets
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 12 oz boneless, skinless chicken breasts, sliced into bite sized pieces
- 3 cups mushrooms, quartered
- 2 leeks, sliced thin
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp parsley
- 1 cup lite sour cream
- 3 oz fat-free cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- ½ cup seasoned breadcrumbs