Chicken Fajita Stuffed Sweet Potato
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Using a fork, carefully poke a few holes into the sides of both sweet potatoes and place them in an oven safe glass dish. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until slightly tender on the insides.
- Chop the chicken breasts into bite sized pieces.
- Spray large skillet with nonstick cooking spray and cook the chicken on medium-high heat until pieces are fully cooked.
- Dice the onion and peppers and add to the skillet with the chicken along with black beans, onion powder, paprika, salt, and pepper.
- Continue to cook for approximately 5 minutes or until peppers are slightly tender. Remove from heat.
- Once sweet potatoes are cooked, carefully slice each one in half. Score lines down each cut side vertically and then horizontally to form squares (imagine cutting a mango) and then carefully scoop the sweet potato cubes into a large bowl. Add the fajita ingredients from the skillet into the bowl and diced up avocado, then fold to combine.
- Evenly distribute fajita filling into each sweet potato skin and top as desired with jalapeno and shredded Mexican cheese.
- 8 oz chicken breast, chopped
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 1 red onion, quartered and diced
- 4 bell peppers, diced
- ½ cup black beans, cooked
- 1 ½ tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 jalapeno, sliced
- 2 avocados, diced
- 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- salt and pepper, to taste