Chicken Pot Pie Popovers
Fluffy and unforgettably delicious, these popovers are a comfort food recipe you can feel relaxed about. Garnish with parsley & Parmesan.
- 6 Servings
- 20 min Prep Time
- 55 min Total Time
- Preheat the oven to 400 F. Spray a 12-cup muffin tin generously with non-stick baking spray.
- For the popovers, whisk the milk, flour, eggs, vanilla, and 1/2 teaspoon of salt in a medium bowl until combined.
- Drizzle in the melted butter while whisking until combined; let the batter stand for 5 minutes.
- Add the baking powder; whisk the batter to combine and divide it evenly among the muffin cups (approximately 1/4 cup batter per muffin cup).
- Bake the popovers until puffed and browned around the edges, 20 to 25 minutes, rotating the pan about halfway through.
- While your popovers are in the oven you can begin on the pot pie filling.
- Put the broth and flour into a medium saucepan and whisk until the flour is dissolved and no lumps remain.
- Place the saucepan over medium heat and whisk continuously until the mixture comes to a boil; continue to whisk until the mixture is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to low and whisk in 2 tablespoons of the Parmesan, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Stir in the peas and carrots, then the chicken; cover to keep warm.
- When you are ready to assemble, turn your popovers out of the pan, using a small spatula if necessary.
- Arrange 2 popovers on each of six plates or bowls and top with the chicken filling, dividing evenly among the popovers. Garnish with chopped parsley and sprinkle on the remaining grated Parmesan.
- 1 ½ cup whole milk
- 1 ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- -Pot Pie Filling-
- 3 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 7 tbsp Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 cups frozen peas and carrots
- ¼ cup flat-leaf parsley, loosely packed and chopped
- 1 rotisserie chicken, shredded or chopped
- Salt and black pepper, to taste