Chicken with Quinoa & Veggies
Fresh rosemary and the rich, savory umami flavor of mushrooms make chicken, spinach and quinoa a dish to remember. Seasoned with smokey paprika, this is an unforgettable meal you’ll find yourself preparing again and again.
- 3 Servings
- 10 min Prep Time
- 45 min Total Time
- Place chicken thighs in medium-sized bowl.
- Combine rosemary, smoked paprika, salt, and pepper.
- Toss to coat chicken.
- Heat 1 tsp olive oil in large nonstick skillet set over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken and cook for 2 minutes on each side. Transfer chicken to a plate.
- Heat the remaining 1 tsp of olive oil in the skillet.
- Add onion and mushrooms and cook until tender, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Stir quinoa and broth into vegetables. Bring to a boil, then cover.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Nestle the chicken into the quinoa and cook (covered) until the liquid is absorbed and the chicken is cooked through, about 15 minutes.
- Transfer chicken to a plate. Stir spinach into quinoa. Serve with chicken. Season to taste.
- 8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs, trimmed
- 3/4 tsp dried rosemary
- 3 oz button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground pepper
- 2 tsp olive oil, divided
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 cups quinoa
- 2 cups fat free low sodium chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups sliced spinach leaves
- salt and pepper to taste