Crab Stuffed Sole with Spinach and Rice Pilaf
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- In a medium sauce pan add olive oil and heat to medium heat. Add in onions until they begin to sweat down and begin to caramelize, then add garlic.
- Add chopped up or lump crab meat, cream cheese, seafood seasoning, salt and pepper (to taste), and chives and stir until combined. Remove crab mixture from heat and allow to cool.
- Lay out your fish, removing all bones and skin. Wash and dry before laying the fish down on a cutting board with the back side up and top side facing down.
- Layer on a thick layer of crab meat mixture on to each fish fillet and spread until it is even.
- Roll up each fish fillet and lay with seam side down on a greased baking pan.
- Melt your butter.
- In a small cup, mix melted butter and lemon juice and drizzle over the tops of the crab stuffed sole.
- Bake crab stuffed fish for about 20-25 minutes or until they flake easily with fork. It depends on the size of your fish. If you have a smaller fish start checking them after 15 minutes.
- Every 10 minutes or so, drizzle the pan drippings of the lemon butter sauce over the crab stuffed whitefish during the cooking process.
- While your fish is cooking, heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add the onion and cook 3 minutes, until translucent.
- Add the rice and stir, until the rice is lightly toasted. Add the garlic salt, basil, and turmeric to the skillet and stir until evenly combined.
- Stir in the chicken broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer, cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- Stir in the peas and carrots, cover and cook for an additional 10 minutes. Fluff with a fork before serving.
- Serve the crab stuffed fish hot out of the oven with a drizzle of the lemon butter sauce with extra wedges of lemon on the side with a steamed spinach and rice pilaf.
Crab Stuffed Sole
- 1.5 lbs. fresh sole
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup yellow onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced finely
- 1 cup lump crab meat
- 3 tbsp cream cheese
- 1 tsp seafood seasoning
- 2 tbsp chives, chopped finely
- 2 cups spinach
- 2 tsp olive oil
- ½ yellow onion, diced
- ½ tsp garlic salt
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup white rice, cooked
- ½ tsp dried basil
- ½ tsp ground turmeric
- 1 cup frozen peas and carrots
Lemon Butter Sauce
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 lemon, juiced