Crab Stuffed Sole with Spinach and Rice Pilaf
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- In a medium saucepan add 3 tbsp olive oil (reserving 1 tbsp for rice pilaf) and heat to medium heat. Add in 1 cup onions until they begin to sweat down and begin to caramelize, then add garlic.
- Add lump crab meat, cream cheese, seafood seasoning, salt and pepper (to taste), and chives and stir until combined. Remove crab mixture from heat and allow to cool.
- Lay out your fish, removing all bones and skin. Wash and dry before laying the fish down on a cutting board with the back side up and top side facing down.
- Layer on a thick layer of crab meat mixture on to each fish fillet and spread until it is even.
- Roll up each fish fillet and lay with seam side down on a greased baking pan.
- Melt your butter.
- In a small cup, mix melted butter and lemon juice and drizzle over the tops of the crab stuffed sole.
- Bake crab stuffed fish for about 20-25 minutes or until they flake easily with fork. It depends on the size of your fish. If you have a smaller fish start checking them after 15 minutes.
- Every 10 minutes or so, drizzle the pan drippings of the lemon butter sauce over the crab stuffed whitefish during the cooking process.
- While your fish is cooking, heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add the onion and cook 3 minutes, until translucent.
- Add the rice and stir, until the rice is lightly toasted. Add the garlic salt, basil, and turmeric to the skillet and stir until evenly combined.
- Stir in the chicken broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer, cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- Stir in the peas and carrots, cover and cook for an additional 10 minutes. Fluff with a fork before serving.
- Serve the crab stuffed fish hot out of the oven with a drizzle of the lemon butter sauce with extra wedges of lemon on the side with a steamed spinach and rice pilaf.
Crab Stuffed Sole
- 1 3/4 lbs. fresh sole
- 3 tbsp olive oil, reserve 1 tbsp
- 1 cup yellow onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced finely
- 1 1/2 cup lump crab meat
- 3 tbsp cream cheese
- 1/2 tsp seafood seasoning
- 2 tbsp chives, chopped finely
- 2 cups spinach
- ½ yellow onion, diced
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 2 ½ cups chicken broth
- 1 ½ cups white rice, cooked
- ½ tsp dried basil
- ½ tsp ground turmeric
- 1 ½ cups frozen peas and carrots
Lemon Butter Sauce
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 lemon, juiced