Cranberry Baked Brie
Baked Brie, but better. This twist on the holiday appetizer classic enlists the help of almond flour for a flaky crust. Top with a Keto-approved cranberry compote for the finishing touch.
Enjoy as a mini-meal as part of the SlimFast Plan or if you’re following SlimFast Keto.
- 12 Servings
- 20 min Prep Time
- 50 min Total Time
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine almond flour, coconut flour, corn starch, sweetener, and salt in a food processor. Pulse to combine.
- Sprinkle surface with butter pieces and pulse until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- With processor running on low, add ice water one tablespoon at time until dough begins to clump together.
- Place a large piece of parchment paper on a work surface and dust with additional almond flour. Turn out dough and pat into a rough circle.
- Sprinkle with more almond flour and cover with another large piece of parchment paper. Roll out into a large circle, 11"-12" in diameter.
- Heat a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine cranberries, water, sweetener, and cinnamon. Bring to a boil and cook until cranberries pop, 5 to 10 minutes. Mash with a fork and set aside.
- Place Brie in center of dough circle and top with cranberry sauce. Fold dough up over cheese, cutting out extra folds of dough as needed. You can pinch the seams back together and patch any cracks easily.
- Place Brie on baking sheet and cook for 20 to 30 minutes and allow to cool slightly before serving.
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 tbsp sugar substitute
- 1 tbsp corn starch
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 4 tbsp butter, chunked
- 2 to 3 tbsp ice water
- 8 oz wheel brie
- - Cranberry Compote -
- 3/4 cup cranberries
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 3 tbsp sugar substitute