Egg Muffin Cups
Enjoy the fresh Italian flavors of sweet peppers, garlic and olive oil in these scrumptious breakfast cups. A simple and delicious breakfast for those of us on the go.
SlimFast Tip: Leftovers can be frozen or refrigerated for up to 4 days. Pop a few in the microwave and enjoy!
- 12 Servings
- 15 min Prep Time
- 35 min Total Time
- Preheat oven 350 F.
- Grease a standard nonstick muffin pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- Prepare turkey bacon as directed. Set aside and let cool before chopping or crumbling up.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Once hot, add in oil, chopped red pepper, green pepper, and onion.
- Sauté vegetables for 5-7 minutes, or until peppers are tender.
- Add in spinach and mushrooms and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- In the last 30 seconds, add in minced garlic.
- Season with salt and remove from heat.
- Crack whole eggs and egg whites into large bowl and whisk together.
- Stir in cooked vegetables.
- Pour the egg and vegetable mixture evenly in the muffin pan.
- Bake for 15-20 mintes, or until the tops are firm to the touch and eggs are cooked.
- Allow muffin tops to cool before serving.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup yellow onion, chopped
- 1 cup mushrooms, chopped
- 2 cups baby spinach, coarsely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 12 slices uncured turkey bacon
- 4 whole eggs
- 4 egg whites