Escarole and White Bean Soup
This recipe makes one hearty meal. It contains white beans and leafy, fiber-rich escarole. Dunk a slice of Italian bread into the bowl for best “results”.
- 4 Servings
- 12 min Prep Time
- 22 min Total Time
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a heavy large pot over medium heat.
- Add the garlic and sauté until fragrant, about 15 seconds.
- Add the escarole and celery and sauté until escarole is wilted, about 2 minutes.
- Add a pinch of salt.
- Add the chicken broth, beans, and Parmesan cheese.
- Cover and simmer until the beans are heated through, about 5 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Ladle the soup into 4 bowls.
- Drizzle extra-virgin olive oil over each bowl.
- Serve with crusty Italian bread.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 lb. escarole, chopped
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 6 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 15 oz. cans of cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 oz Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 7 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 2” slices of crusty Italian bread