Fire Roasted Tomato and Baked Goat Cheese Dip
This irresistible dip combining deliciously sweet and garlicky tomatoes topped with gooey, rich baked goat cheese will have every guest begging for the recipe. Enjoy 3 for a scrumptious appetizer!
- 8 Servings
- 10 Prep Time
- 20 Total Time
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Mince 3 cloves of garlic.
- In a medium skillet, combine olive oil, garlic, red pepper flakes, basil, oregano, and salt. Over medium high heat, stir and sauté for around 45 seconds until the garlic sizzles but before it starts to brown.
- Stir in the tomatoes and heat at a gentle simmer for 5 to 10 minutes, until the sauce starts to thicken. Remove from the heat.
- Pour the tomato mixture into an oven-proof baking dish, then add goat cheese mounds on top. Bake for 15 minutes.
- If desired, broil on high for 3 to 5 minutes, watching carefully, until the goat cheese is golden brown. Serve with crostini or your favorite crackers.
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- ½ tsp dried basil
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ 23 oz fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 6 oz low fat goat cheese
- 24 crostini toasts