Golden Onion Rings
Sometimes you just want some onion rings. With this crunchy and savory recipe, we’ve got your cravings covered. You can throw together these deliciously crispy onion rings and be on your way to tempura paradise in under 30 minutes.
SlimFast Tip: Freeze the left overs for up to a month for a quick and easy snack!
- 24 Servings
- 10 min Prep Time
- 25 min Total Time
- In a large sauté pan, heat oil over medium high heat and cover.
- In a large bowl, add almond milk.
- Use a large gallon size baggie, add approximately 1 cup of tempura, set aside.
- In another gallon size baggie, add approximately 1 cup of Japanese bread crumbs, garlic salt, cajun seasoning, onion powder and pepper then shake to mix and set aside.
- Slice onion into 1/4 inch slices.
- Dip a few onion pieces at a time in the almond milk, then add to tempura, seal baggie and shake.
- Take each onion piece and lightly coat again in almond milk, add to bread crumbs, seal and shake until covered.
- Carefully add the onion rings to the oil and cook on each side until golden brown (use cover while frying to reduce splatter).
- Remove and place on a plate lined with paper towels.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
- 2 large yellow onions
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 cups Japanese bread crumbs
- 10 oz tempura batter mix
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp garlic salt
- 2 tsp cajun seasoning
- dash of ground black pepper