Grilled Salmon with Mango Avocado Salsa
Enjoy a taste of the tropics (and a healthy dose of omega-3 fatty acids) when you serve this grilled salmon recipe. Jalapeños, mango, and avocado lend its salsa a sweet-and-spicy kick you’ll crave!
- 4 Servings
- Prep Time
- Total Time
- In a medium bowl, chop and fold together all salsa ingredients until well combined. Set aside for at least 10 minutes before serving or refrigerate for up to 2 days.
- Bring vegetable stock to boil in a medium sauce pan and add quinoa. Increase heat to high and bring to boil.
- Decrease heat to low, cover, and simmer until liquid is absorbed, about 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let saucepan sit, covered, for 10 minutes. Stir lime zest into cooked quinoa with fork and set aside until ready to use.
- To prepare salmon, in a small bowl, whisk together cumin, paprika, sea salt, chili powder, and garlic powder. Pat spice mixture over each piece of salmon and set aside.
- Heat oil in frying pan over medium heat. Place salmon in pan, flesh-side down, and cook for 2 to 3 minutes before flipping salmon over and continuing to cook until cooked through, another 4 to 5 minutes.
- Assemble fish over portions of quinoa and top with mango avocado salsa.
- 1 avocado, diced
- 3 tbsp red onion, diced
- 2 tbsp cilantro, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, chopped
- 1 cup mango, chopped
- 1 lime, juiced
- 16 oz salmon, divided into 4 filets
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 1 tsp lime zest