Grilled Veggie Omelet
Grilled vegetables and cheddar cheese come together to bring new seasonal flavors to this simple and protein-packed breakfast favorite.
- 4 Servings
- 5 min Prep Time
- 13 min Total Time
- Spray skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat.
- Add asparagus and mushrooms to skillet. Cook 2 minutes, until asparagus is tender. Stir in spinach and continue cooking just until spinach wilts. Remove vegetables from pan to small bowl.
- In medium bowl, beat egg, egg whites, salt, and pepper with a whisk until well mixed. Reheat same skillet over medium-high heat. Let stand over heat for approximately 1 minute to solidify base of omelet.
- Put the cooked vegetable mixture over one half of the omelet and add cheese.
- Fold omelet. Cook 2-4 minutes.
- Serve omelet with toasted multigrain bread and a bowl of sliced banana with blueberries.
- 20 medium asparagus spears, raw
- 2 cups mushrooms, pieces or slices, raw
- 3 cups spinach, raw
- 4 medium eggs, raw
- 4 cups egg whites
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 cup reduced fat cheddar cheese
- 4 slices multigrain bread, reduced calorie or high-fiber
- 2 cups sliced banana, raw
- 2 cups blueberries, raw