Hogs in Logs
Everything you love about pigs in a blanket taken to the next level. These deliciously seasoned beef sausages provide a smoky but mild heat surrounded by flaky pastry. Enjoy three with stone ground mustard or your favorite dipping sauce for a delicious appetizer!
- 12 Serving
- 15 min Prep Time
- 40 min Total Time
- Preheat the oven to 375 F and position a rack in the center.
- Arrange the puff pastry squares on a work surface and brush the top edges with egg wash.
- Place the sausages on the bottom edges and roll up the pastry, pressing the edges to seal.
- Freeze the logs for 10 minutes, or until firm.
- Cut the logs into 1/2-inch slices and place them cut side up a mini muffin pan, the recipe yields three batches.
- Bake for 25 minutes, until golden and sizzling. Turn out onto a paper towel-lined rack to cool.
- 1 ½ sheet puff pastry
- 4 links beef sausage
- ¼ cup egg or egg substitute