Italian Meatballs with Whole Grain Pasta
Spaghetti and meatballs – they’re just better together. We took the classic Italian standby and substituted almond meal, making it a smart choice that still has all the savory flavor you know and love. Choose whole wheat pasta to stay satisfied long after the last twirl.
- 4 Servings
- 10 min Prep Time
- 20 min Total Time
- Preheat oven to 400° F
- Mix meat together with almond meal, 1 large egg, oregano, and garlic powder and form into meatballs. You should have about 20 in total.
- Lay meatballs on a foil covered cookie sheet.
- Bake for 16-20 minutes or until desired temperature is reached.
- Heat a small sauce pan on the stove and combine tomato paste with ¼ cup tomato sauce, olives, and Italian seasoning.
- Allow sauce to combine and heat over low heat, stirring frequently.
- Remove from oven and serve hot with 1/4 cup of your favorite whole wheat pasta with tomato sauce.
- 1 lb ground beef (80/20)
- 1 tsp oregano
- ⅓ tbsp Italian seasoning
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 3 tbsp organic tomato paste
- 1 1/4 tbsp almond meal
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup olives, sliced
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup whole wheat pasta
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce