Kale and Tomato Frittata with Yogurt & Berries
- Fill a large saucepan two-thirds full of water and bring to boiling. Add the kale, pushing it into the water, and cook, uncovered, for 6 to 7 minutes.
- Drain the kale and press out the water; set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk together the eggs, egg whites, milk, and hot sauce; set aside.
- In a large ovenproof skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion and sauté for 3 to 4 minutes, until soft. Add the scallions and garlic, and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add the cooked kale, basil, salt, and pepper, and cook for 1 minute.
- Set the oven to broil with a rack about 5 inches from the heat source. Meanwhile, pour the egg mixture over the kale mixture in the skillet. Let the eggs cook, undisturbed, for about 4 minutes. Use a spatula to gently lift the eggs around the edges and allow any uncooked egg mixture to flow to the bottom of the pan and cook for 1 to 2 minutes more, until the egg is almost set.
- Lay the tomato slices in overlapping circles over the cooked eggs. Sprinkle with the paprika and feta cheese. Place the skillet in the oven and broil for about 3 minutes, until the tomatoes are lightly browned, the feta cheese is melted, and the eggs are completely set. Remove the pan from the oven.
- Serve each wedge with a yogurt and berry parfait with granola.
- 4 cups kale, coarsely chopped
- 5 large whole eggs
- 6 egg whites
- 3 tbsp fat free milk
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ red onion, chopped
- 2 scallions, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp basil
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- 1 tsp paprika
- ½ cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 tsp hot sauce
Yogurt & Berries
- 2 cups plain fat-free yogurt
- 8 tbsp granola
- 1 ½ cups strawberries, sliced
- 2 cups blueberries