Keto Crab Cakes
Get crabby on your Keto diet with these carb-friendly Crab Cake Hors D ‘Oeuvres seasoned with seafood seasoning. In lieu of classic bread crumbs, they call for a blend of almond & coconut flour.
- 30 Servings
- 15 min Prep Time
- 45 min Total Time
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Heat a medium skillet with oil and sweat finely minced shallots until translucent stirring frequently, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook a minute longer, or until fragrant. Remove from heat and transfer contents to a dish. Set aside.
- In large bowl, transfer small amounts of crab to the large bowl with your hands.
- Add the egg, mayonnaise, hot sauce, mustard, parsley, chives, and seafood seasoning to the crab. Gently fold to combine the ingredients.
- Next, fold in the almond and coconut flours. If the mix seems too wet, add coconut flour 1 tbsp at a time until desired consistency is reached.
- Scoop out about 1 tbsp of mix. Shape crab cakes and place on parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Once you have shaped and placed all of the cakes, bake in the oven for about 15 minutes, or until golden.
- Remove from the oven and give each side a quick sear in a hot, lightly oiled skillet if desired. Place on a platter and serve.
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp shallot, finely minced
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- 17 oz jumbo lump blue crab
- 1 large egg
- 2 oz mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp whole grain mustard
- 2 tbsp fresh flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh chives, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp seafood seasoning
- 1 tbsp coconut flour
- 4 tbsp almond flour
- 1 tsp hot sauce