Keto Fried Chicken
A picnic-ready Southern classic, fried chicken is a delicious main dish. Do it your way with this keto-friendly recipe browned in coconut oil. It replaces breadcrumbs with pork rinds, dressing them up in a mouthwatering trifecta of onion, garlic, & parmesan cheese for all the flavor you crave (and very few carbs).
Enjoy as a delicious lunch or dinner as part of the standard SlimFast Plan or if you’re following SlimFast Keto!
- 4 Servings
- 15 min Prep Time
- 29 min Total Time
- Put pork rinds, Parmesan cheese, garlic powder, onion powder, minced onion, salt, and black pepper in a large mixing bowl and stir until well mixed.
- Crack eggs into a separate bowl and whisk.
- Dip each chicken breast into eggs and then coat in pork rind mixture, making sure the chicken is completely covered.
- Heat coconut oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. When coconut oil is hot, place chicken breasts into pan. Let cook for 5–7 minutes or until pork rind crust is browned.
- Flip chicken over and let cook for another 5–7 minutes until cooked through.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
- 1 1/2 oz pork rinds, crushed
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp dried minced onion
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 large eggs
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp coconut oil