Keto Ham & Cheese Pretzels
What could be better than a soft and chewy pretzel topped with ham and cheese? How about this low-carb version which is packed with even more cheese and is baked to perfection!
Enjoy as a delicious lunch or dinner as part of the standard SlimFast Plan or if you’re following SlimFast Keto!
- 4 Servings
- 15 min Prep Time
- 35 min Total Time
- Preheat oven to 425°. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the almond flour, baking powder, garlic powder, and onion powder. Mix until well combined.
- Crack one of the eggs into a small bowl and fork whisk. This will be the egg wash for the top of the pretzels. The other two eggs will go in the dough.
- In a large microwave safe mixing bowl, combine the mozzarella cheese and cream cheese.
- Microwave for 1 minute and 30 seconds. Remove from microwave and stir to combine. Return to microwave for 1 additional minute. Mix until well combined.
- In the mixing bowl, add the remaining 2 eggs and the almond flour mixture. Mix until all ingredients are well incorporated. If the dough gets too stringy and unworkable, simply put it back in the microwave for 30 seconds to soften and continue mixing.
- Divide the dough into 6 equal portions.
- Roll each portion into a long, thin piece, resembling a breadstick. Fold each one into the shape of a pretzel.
- Brush the top of each pretzel with the egg wash. Add piece of ham and Swiss cheese to the top of the pretzel.
- Sprinkle coarse sea salt over top.
- Bake on the middle rack for 12-14 minutes or until golden brown.
- 2 cups blanched almond flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 3 large eggs, divided
- 3 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 5 tbsp cream cheese
- 6 oz ham
- 6 oz Swiss cheese
- Pinch of coarse sea salt, for topping