Keto Matzo Ball Soup
Make “matzo” balls an any-time-of-year meal with this Keto rendition of a holiday favorite. Simply replace traditional flatbread with almond meal & a few tasty ingredients for a macro-friendly entrée or starter.
- 6 Servings
- 15 min Prep Time
- 175 min Total Time
- Whisk the eggs in a large bowl.
- Add the oil, water, salt, almond flour, and flax seed. Mix until even.
- Cover the bowl and refrigerate for two hours.
- Boil water in a large pot.
- Take the mixture from the refrigerator and using wet hands, roll the mixture into small balls, no larger than a ping pong ball (they will expand during cooking).
- Drop the balls into the boiling water one by one as you make them. Lower the flame and cook for 30 minutes.
- Drain the water and set aside.
- In a large stock pot heat up a tablespoon of olive oil and add chopped onion. Cook until translucent and slightly brown before adding carrots and celery.
- Cover with 6 cups of chicken stock. Add parsley and salt and pepper to taste. Cover and allow to simmer over low heat.
- Before serving, heat matzo balls in soup and enjoy.
- -Matzo Balls-
- 5 large eggs
- 3 ½ cups almond flour
- ½ cup ground flax seeds
- ¼ cup seltzer water
- 1 tbsp kosher salt
- 2 tbsp olive oil, divided
- -Soup Base-
- 6 cups chicken bone broth
- 1 carrot, peeled and chopped
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 2 tbsp flat leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp dill weed, roughly chopped
- 1 small onion, diced