Classic Deviled Eggs
Deviled eggs are an angelic way to enjoy a finger-licking food. This classic recipe combines Dijon mustard and mayo for its filling.
Enjoy for a delicious lunch or dinner as part of the standard SlimFast Plan or if you’re following SlimFast Keto!
- 4 Servings
- 15 min Prep Time
- 25 min Total Time
- Place eggs in a single layer in a saucepan and cover with enough water that there's 1 1/2 inches of water above the eggs.
- Heat on high until water begins to boil, then cover, turn the heat to low, and cook for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and leave covered for 14 minutes, then rinse under cold water continuously for 1 minute.
- Crack egg shells and carefully peel under cool running water. Gently dry with paper towels.
- Slice the eggs in half lengthwise, removing yolks to a medium bowl, and placing the whites on a serving platter.
- Mash the yolks into a fine crumble using a fork. Add mayonnaise, 1 chopped shallot, mustard, salt, pepper, and the juice from 1 lime before mixing well.
- Evenly disperse heaping teaspoons of the yolk mixture into the egg whites. Sprinkle with paprika and serve.
- 12 large eggs
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- Juice from 1 lime