Low Carb Cheeseburger with Caramelized Onions
Making a change for the better doesn’t have to mean cheeseburgers are out of the question. Seasoned with Worcestershire sauce and dressed with caramelized onions, all that’s missing from these burgers is the bun.
Enjoy for a delicious lunch or dinner as part of the standard SlimFast Plan or if you’re following SlimFast Keto!
- 4 Servings
- 10 min Prep Time
- 39 min Total Time
- In a medium skillet, add olive oil and onion. Cover and cook over moderately low heat, stirring, until softened, 15 minutes.
- Uncover and cook over moderate heat, stirring, until the onion is caramelized, 20 minutes; add water if necessary to keep the onion from burning. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat.
- In a bowl, combine ground beef with 2 tbsp of mayonnaise and Worcestershire sauce.
- Form beef mixture into patties and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat a griddle or large nonstick pan and cook burgers over high heat for 2 minutes.
- Flip the burgers and top with cheddar cheese. Carefully cover the burgers with a large inverted roasting pan and cook for 2 minutes longer, until medium-rare and the cheese is melted.
- Spread the leftover mayonnaise on the bottom halves of the leaf lettuce and arrange burgers with onions on top to serve.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup onion, sliced
- 4 slices cheddar cheese
- 8 outer leaves, leaf lettuce
- 4 tbsp mayonnaise