Think lasagna is off limits on a low-carb diet? Think again. SlimFast’s Keto-friendly spin on an Italian classic, this delicious dish subs hearty zucchini for noodles.
Enjoy for a delicious lunch or dinner as part of the standard SlimFast Plan or if you’re following SlimFast Keto!
- 4 Servings
- 20 min Prep Time
- 58 min Total Time
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Peel the zucchini into strips using a vegetable peeler and set aside the cores. Salt the strips and let them sit for 15 minutes. Squeeze them gently to remove excess water.
- Brown the ground beef in an oiled frying pan. Add marinara and season well with salt and pepper.
- Layer meat into a 9x9" casserole dish followed by zucchini strips, ricotta, and mozzarella.
- Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Then, broil uncovered for 2-3 minutes to caramelize the top.
- 1 lb ground beef
- ½ cup marinara sauce
- 1 large zucchini
- 10 oz ricotta cheese
- 4 oz mozzarella cheese, shredded