Sausage and Broccoli Rabe Frittata
Spanish chorizo, broccoli rabe, and grated cheddar give this frittata a zesty taste you’ll remember long after you leave the breakfast table. Plus, it’s packed with plenty of protein, so you’ll stay full all morning.
Enjoy for breakfast as part of the standard SlimFast Plan or if you’re following SlimFast Keto!
- 8 Servings
- 10 min Prep Time
- 40 min Total Time
- Preheat oven to BROIL.
- Whisk eggs and milk in a medium bowl. Mix in 1/2 cup cheddar; season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Heat oil in a large skillet, preferably cast-iron, over medium heat.
- Add onion and chorizo and cook, stirring occasionally, until onion is softened, and chorizo is brown, 6–8 minutes.
- Add broccoli rabe and season with salt and pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, 8–10 minutes longer.
- Reduce heat to low and pour egg mixture over vegetables. Cook, shaking pan occasionally, until edges are just set, 10–12 minutes.
- Top frittata with remaining 1/2 cup cheddar; broil until top is golden brown and center is set, about 4 minutes longer.
- Cut frittata into wedges and serve warm or room temperature.
- 13 large eggs
- 1/2 cup reduced fat milk
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated and divided
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 lb fresh Spanish chorizo
- 1 bunch broccoli rabe, coarsely chopped
- Salt and black ground pepper, to taste