Turkey Cheddar Burgers
A zesty, sundried tomato mayo adds flair to this flame-broiled turkey cheeseburger recipe. Served on crisp leaves of lettuce, it’s a delicious and low-carb way to get your grill on.
Enjoy for a delicious lunch or dinner as part of the standard SlimFast Plan or if you’re following SlimFast Keto!
- 4 Servings
- 5 min Prep Time
- 22 min Total Time
- Put oven rack in middle position and preheat oven to 350 F.
- Cook shallots in oil with ¼ tsp salt and pepper in an 8-inch skillet over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until golden, 2 to 3 minutes, then transfer to a bowl.
- Add turkey to bowl and mix gently but thoroughly.
- Divide turkey mixture into eight equal mounds and place on wax paper.
- Pat one mound into a 4-inch patty and top with a pinch of cheese, then put a second mound on top, patting it onto other patty to enclose cheese. Pinch edges together to seal and shape into a single patty.
- Make three more burgers in same manner.
- Heat an oiled, well-seasoned ridged grill pan over moderately high heat until hot but not smoking. Grill burgers, turning over once, until just cooked through (no longer pink), 8 to 9 minutes total.
- While burgers are cooking, purée tomatoes with water, vinegar, and reserved salt in a blender or food processor, scraping down sides as necessary, then blend in mayonnaise.
- Spread tomato mayonnaise on lettuce and place burger patty on top. Serve and enjoy!
- ¼ cup shallots, chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt, reserve 1/4 tsp
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 ½ lbs ground turkey
- 1 oz cheddar cheese, shredded
- ¼ cup sun-dried tomatoes, rinsed and drained
- 1 tbsp water
- 2 tsp cider vinegar
- 6 tbsp mayonnaise