Linguine with Clam Sauce
This delicious classic pasta dish can be made using pantry-available canned clams or fresh clams from your local grocer. This simple 20-minute meal looks and tastes so much like fancy restaurant fare, you will want to serve it to guests at your next party!
- 4 Servings
- Prep Time
- Total Time
- In a large pot, add salt and boil water.
- When the water boils, cook the spaghetti until al dente.
- While the pasta is cooking, in a large skillet over medium heat, add the olive oil and butter.
- Once the butter is melted add the garlic and sauté about 2 minutes, making sure to avoid browning it.
- Drain your cans of clams and reserve about ½ cup of the clam juice and set aside for later.
- Once the garlic is softened, add the clams to the pan and sauté until they soak up the flavors, about 2 minutes.
- Once the pasta is cooked, drain it and add to the skillet along with the 1/2 cup clam juice, parsley, lemon zest, and lemon juice. Allow to combine for two minutes or so before removing from heat and plating.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste, then serve immediately.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp butter
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup fresh parsley
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 4 6.5 oz. cans of chopped clams (alternatively ¼ lb. fresh clams)
- 1 lb. linguine pasta