Guiltless Mac & Cheese
A healthier guilt-free take on the super gooey, rich family favorite. This creamy Macaroni and Cheese is topped with seasoned bread crumbs and filled with delicious cheddar cheese making it a regular mini-meal staple!
- 8 Servings
- 10 min Prep Time
- 30 min Total Time
- In a large pot of salted water, cook the pasta and broccoli together, according to package directions for al dente.
- Spray a baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375 F. In a large heavy skillet, melt the butter substitute, then add the onion and cook over low heat for 2 minutes.
- Add the flour and cook 1 minute or until flour is golden and well-combined.
- Whisk in milk and broth, raise heat to medium-high until it comes to a boil, then cook an additional 5 minutes or until smooth and thick.
- Season with salt and pepper if desired.
- Remove from heat, add cheese, and stir until melted.
- Stir in the cooked pasta and broccoli, then pour into the prepared baking dish.
- Top with the breadcrumbs and Parmesan or nutritional yeast.
- Spray cooking spray on top.
- Bake 15-20 minutes, then broil a few minutes until the breadcrumbs are golden.
- 12 oz gluten free fusilli pasta
- 1 ½ tbsp light butter substitute
- ¼ cup onion, minced
- ¼ cup almond flour
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cup fat free reduced sodium vegetable broth
- 2 cups fat free cheddar cheese, shredded
- 12 oz fresh broccoli florets
- 2 tbsp Parmesan cheese, grated
- ¼ cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste