Powdered French Vanilla Donut Holes
Trying to stick to your diet and still enjoy your favorite sweets? Pick these pop-able donut holes featuring a better-for-you batter made from SlimFast Original French Vanilla.
- 6 Servings
- Prep Time
- Total Time
- Pour oil into heavy bottomed pan until oil is about 2 inches deep. Heat over a medium burner until oil comes up to 350 F degrees.
- Whisk together flour, sugar substitute, baking powder, salt and nutmeg in a large mixing bowl.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together the milk, egg and vanilla.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the bowl with the dry ingredients and stir together until combined well. Add melted butter and stir until mixture forms a thick batter.
- Once oil has reached 350 F degrees, use a cookie scoop or tbsp to scoop up batter and drop them into the hot oil.
- Add donut holes to the oil in small batches, and fry about 2 minutes per side. Remove fried donuts to prepared cooling rack/baking sheet.
- Add powdered sugar and ground cinnamon to a shallow bowl. Allow donut holes to cool for about 2 minutes before adding them to the sugar bowl.
- Toss and coat them in cinnamon sugar.
- Then transfer to cooling rack to cool down before enjoying!
- 1/4 cup SlimFast Original French Vanilla Shake Mix
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp sugar substitute
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- 1 large egg
- 2 tbsp fat free milk
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- 2 tbsp sifted powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp cinnamon