Quinoa with Shrimp & Zucchini
You can never have enough quinoa. Especially when the crispy creamy grain is paired with a zing of chives and garlic, and the juiciness of lemony-basil shrimp. Make it for dinner and then take it to lunch the next day.
- 1 Serving
- 5 min Prep Time
- 35 min Total Time
- Bring water to a boil, add quinoa.
- Lower heat to simmer and cover for 10-15 minutes (until all water is absorbed).
- In a large skillet heat oil and sauté garlic and onion for 2 minutes or until onion is translucent.
- Add zucchini and squash and cook for 6 minutes, or until tender.
- Toss shrimp in pan with squash for an additional 3 minutes, to warm.
- Fluff cooked quinoa with a fork and toss with zucchini, squash, shrimp and fresh herbs.
- Squeeze lemon juice on top.
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup quinoa
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup yellow onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup zucchini, chopped
- 1/2 cup yellow squash, chopped
- 5 oz medium shrimp
- 1/4 cup basil, chopped
- 1/4 cup chives, chopped
- 2 tbsp lemon juice