Chef Richard’s Low Carbonara
Brought to you by TV personality and Cookbook Author Chef Richard Blais, this delicious and guilt-free take on an Italian classic is sure to become your new weeknight favorite!
- 4 Servings
- Prep Time
- Total Time
- Cook chopped bacon in a pan on low heat until almost crispy and reserve. Save bacon drippings to combine with egg and cheese.
- Boil the vegetable “noodles” spirals until just cooked in salted water.
- In a separate bowl, combine the yolks, bacon drippings and cheese, black pepper and oil and whisk
- Toss warm noodles in the egg sauce and serve.
- 1 ¾ lb. butternut squash veggie spirals
- 6 oz. no-sugar uncured bacon
- 5 tbsp pecorino romano cheese, grated
- 2 tbsp ground black pepper
- 3 large egg yolks
- 3 ½ tbsp olive oil
- Salt to taste