Roasted Mushroom Cauliflower Grits
An old-fashioned recipe rooted in southern cooking, grits can be great as a breakfast side dish or an appetizer. This take on the savory staple subs cauliflower for carb-heavy corn, and gets mouths watering with a combination of roasted mushrooms, cauliflower, and heavy cream.
Enjoy as a mini-meal as part of the Men’s SlimFast Plan or if you’re following SlimFast Keto for Men!
- 8 Servings
- 5 min Prep Time
- 30 min Total Time
- Heat oven to 400 F and line a cookie sheet with foil.
- Combine the sliced mushrooms, minced garlic, rosemary, walnuts, and smoked paprika in a small dish and drizzle with olive oil. Toss to coat and season with salt.
- Spread the mixture evenly on the cookie sheet and roast in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Process one head of cauliflower florets in a food processor by pulsing until very fine.
- Steam the processed cauliflower in a medium pot, covered, with water for 5 minutes or until the mixture is slightly tender. You don’t want it to be too soft since it will need to resemble grits.
- Pour heavy cream into the cauliflower grits, stir, and simmer on medium-low heat for 3 minutes.
- Stir in the cheddar and butter and reduce heat to low until the mixture is creamy and well combined.
- Season with salt to taste.
- Remove roasting pan from the oven once your mushrooms are soft and the edges are a deep brown.
- Serve the cauliflower grits hot, topped with the mushroom mixture and extra butter if desired!
- 4 oz baby portobello mushrooms, sliced
- 1 1/2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp rosemary
- 2 oz chopped walnuts
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium cauliflower
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar
- 2 tbsp butter
- salt to taste