Salmon, Pesto, Bean and Tomato Parcels
This salmon topped with pesto is packed with flavor and the addition of potatoes adds a lovely crunch.
- 4 Servings
- Prep Time
- Total Time
- Preheat the BBQ until the ashes turn gray. Alternatively, heat your oven to 400°
- Put the potatoes in a large saucepan of cold water. Bring to a boil and cook for 5 minutes. Season with salt.
- Drain and leave to steam dry for 2 minutes. Transfer to a large foil sheet. Season well with 1 teaspoon each of salt, black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder and paprika, then drizzle with 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Bring up the edges of the foil and wrap into a parcel. Make sure the potatoes stay in a single layer, so each gets cooked evenly. Place on the BBQ for 15-20 minutes or until cooked (or bake in oven on a baking sheet for 25-30 minutes). Carefully remove the foil.
- Cook the green beans in boiling water for 3 minutes. Drain and toss them in 1 tablespoon of olive oil and 1 teaspoon each of garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, salt and pepper.
- Cut another 4 pieces of foil into 16-inch lengths. Divide green beans into 4 servings and layer in the center of each piece of foil.
- Add a salmon fillet to each parcel and divide the basil pesto sauce over each fillet, spreading it evenly.
- Stack the cherry tomatoes on top. Bring up the ends of your parcels and fold the sides over a few times to create a “bag”.
- Squeeze the lemon juice evenly over the contents of each bag. Seal the top by turning the edges over a few times, making sure you leave some space in your parcel for air to circulate.
- Place on the BBQ for 20-30 minutes or until cooked through. Alternatively, bake in oven until internal temperature of salmon is 145°.
- Serve with potatoes.
- 2 ½ cups red potatoes, diced
- 1 ½ lb fresh green beans, trimmed
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp ground black pepper
- 4, 4 oz salmon fillets
- 4 oz basil pesto sauce
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, chopped
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 lemon sliced into 4 wedges