Seafood & Avocado Salad
Fresh seafood makes it feel like summer all year round. Pair this delicious crab and shrimp mixture with any meal, or serve it atop romaine hearts as the main attraction.
- 4 Servings
- Prep Time
- Total Time
- Bring a saucepan of salted water to a boil. Add the green beans and cook until crisp-tender, 3 to 5 minutes. Drain and run under cold water to stop the cooking.
- Puree the yogurt, mayonnaise, lemon juice, chives, basil, and anchovies in a blender until smooth. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Toss the crabmeat, shrimp, half of the avocado, and about 1 tablespoon of the yogurt dressing in a small bowl. Toss the romaine, mixed greens, croutons, radishes, green beans, and the remaining avocado with the remaining dressing in a large bowl.
- Divide the romaine salad among plates, top with the tomatoes and place some of the seafood mixture in the center.
- 2 lbs. green beans
- 2/3 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 3 tbsp low-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ cup chives, chopped
- 2 anchovy filets, chopped
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ¾ lb. lump or shredded crab meat
- 1 lb. medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 avocados, halved and diced
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3 radishes, thinly sliced
- 2 cups spring mix
- 2 romaine hearts, chopped
- 2 ½ cups whole wheat croutons