Shrimp with Lime and Chile
Fresh-squeezed lime & spicy serrano chili peppers make a magnificent combination atop fresh juicy shrimp. It’s a low-carb-and-calorie lunch or dinner option that’s certainly not lacking in flavor.
Enjoy as a delicious lunch or dinner as part of the standard SlimFast Plan or if you’re following SlimFast Keto!
- 4 Servings
- 15 min Prep Time
- 105 min Total Time
- Cut the cucumber into thin rectangular slices, about 3 inches long, and divide among 4 small plates.
- Peel, de-vein, and butterfly the shrimp, leaving the tail intact but discarding the head.
- In a small pot, boil water and blanche the shrimp for 15-20 seconds, then remove from heat and rinse through with ice water.
- Arrange the shrimp on top of the cucumber slices, sprinkle with salt, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for at least 1 1/2 hours.
- In a blender, combine the lime juice, olive oil, chiles, and 1/4 cup of cold water. Process until smooth then season to taste with salt.
- Just before serving, drizzle the shrimp with the lime-chile sauce and serve immediately.
- 2 English cucumbers, peeled
- 2 lb jumbo shrimp, fresh, head-on
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, plus more to taste
- 1 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 serrano peppers
- 1/4 cup cold water