Spicy Chickpea & Kale Bowl
Chickpeas are extremely versatile and pack a punch of plant-based protein. This delicious vegan bowl is an easy dish to meal prep on Sundays for weekday lunches or a quick dinner you can come home to!
- 4 Servings
- Prep Time
- Total Time
- Set oven to 400F.
- Place the chunks of sweet potato in a medium mixing bowl. Add 2 tbsp oil, 1 tsp smoked paprika, garlic powder, and onion powder. Toss to coat.
- Place the sweet potato chunks on a large baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- Roast in the oven for 35 – 40 minutes.
- While sweet potato is cooking, prepare your chickpeas.
- Set a nonstick skillet on medium heat. Once hot, add oil and minced garlic. Flavor the oil for about 1 to 2 minutes, then increase the heat to medium-high.
- Add the chickpeas. While they sear in the skillet, add the remaining smoked paprika. Shake the skillet to coat the chickpeas, then add lemon juice and salt & pepper. The chickpeas are finished when they have a light sear on the outside.
- Remove chickpeas from heat and leave the nonstick skillet on medium-high heat.
- Spray with remaining olive oil then toss the shredded kale. Quickly stir so it does not burn, then pour in the water to create steam and continue stirring.
- Once the kale has turned vibrant green, about 2 minutes, remove the kale from the skillet and season to taste with a pinch of sea salt & pepper.
- To assemble your bowl, portion out ½ cup of quinoa and top with kale, chickpeas, and roasted sweet potato.
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp garlic, minced
- 2 cans (30 oz.) chickpeas, drained
- 3 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 lemon, juiced
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 4 bundles kale (approx. 8 cups) thinly shredded
- 1 tbsp water
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 4 large sweet potatoes, cut into chunks