Spinach Ricotta Mini Quiches
These mini quiches are sure to please. The tartness of the spinach combined with the creamy sweetness of ricotta cheese make these a truly irresistible appetizer for any party or just an afternoon snack! Enjoy three for yourself and share the rest with your guests!
- 8 Servings
- 10 Prep Time
- 45 Total Time
- Preheat oven to 375 F and grease a mini muffin pan.
- Roll the puffed pastry flat on a large piece of parchment paper and cut into approximately 24 squares.
- Mold the puff pastry into the mini muffin pan and build the walls up. Poke fork holes into the bottom of the puff pastry to allow air to release while baking. Set aside.
- Stem and wash the spinach, but don’t dry them. Place the spinach in a large pot over medium-high heat and cook, stirring occasionally, until just wilted, about 4 to 6 minutes. Drain in a colander.
- Immediately fill the pot with cold water and add the spinach to stop the cooking, then drain again.
- With your hands squeeze the spinach to extract as much liquid as possible. Transfer spinach to a cutting board and roughly chop them.
- In a large bowl combine chopped spinach, ricotta cheese, Parmesan cheese, eggs, salt, and pepper. Mix well.
- Spread spinach mixture evenly between the 24 mini muffin pastry cups.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until cooked through. Allow the mini quiche to cool for 10 minutes before serving.
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- 1 lb raw spinach
- 1 cup fat free ricotta cheese
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- ½ cup fat free Parmesan cheese