Star Studded Chocolate Cake
This cake takes all the awards, coming in at just 70 calories a slice you can indulge in a deeply rich fudgy dessert that the whole family will love.
- 19 Servings
- Prep Time
- Total Time
- Set oven to 350 F. Generously grease a 9-inch round baking pan.
- In a medium bowl sift the flour with cocoa powder, baking soda and salt.
- In another bowl beat the sugar with egg whites and vanilla until well combined.
- Mix in the yogurt and applesauce until thoroughly combined.
- Mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and beat on low speed until just combined.
- Transfer to prepared baking dish.
- Bake for about 30-35 minutes or test the cake by sticking a toothpick in it. If the toothpick comes out clean, it's ready!
- Allow to cool for 10-15 minutes before serving.
- 1 2/3 cups flour
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup apple sauce
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 4 large egg whites
- 1 1/4 cups sugar substitute
- 12 oz fat-free plain yogurt