Turkey & Veggie Enchiladas
This enchilada recipe is sure to become a weeknight favorite! Whole wheat tortillas loaded with ground turkey, vegetables and cheese sauce give you a healthier take on this smothered Mexican dish.
- 4 Servings
- Prep Time
- Total Time
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, cook and stir onion in oil until slightly brown and tender
- Add in ground turkey, spinach, broccoli, garlic powder and cumin. Heat through.
- While the turkey mixture is cooking, about halfway through, add the grated zucchini to the skillet.
- Remove from heat. Stir in cottage cheese and 1/2 cup cheddar cheese.
- Spoon about 1/4 spinach mixture down center of each tortilla. Roll up and place seam side down in a 13x9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Spoon enchilada sauce over top.
- Cover and bake 20-25 minutes or until heated through. Uncover and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Serve hot and enjoy.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 10 oz frozen chopped spinach
- 1 cup broccoli, finely chopped
- 1 ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 ½ tsp onion powder
- 1 ½ tsp salt
- 1 ½ tsp ground black pepper
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- 1 cup fat free cottage cheese
- 1 cup low fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 whole wheat flour tortillas (8 in.)
- ¾ cup enchilada sauce
- 1 ½ lb extra lean ground turkey
- 1 medium zucchini, grated