Zesty Chicken Nuggets with Baked Fries
Ditch the drive-thru and make this quick, low-calorie recipe! These delicious chicken nuggets and golden fries have a made-from-scratch flair and a kick of zesty spice.
- 4 Servings
- 10 min Prep Time
- 25 min Total Time
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Dry chicken off with a paper towel. Cut chicken thighs into bite size chunks and set aside.
- Wash and clean 4 potatoes and slice into fries.
- On a medium baking sheet, spread out cut fries and toss lightly in 2 tbsp of melted butter and season lightly with sea salt.
- Put in oven and cook for 20-25 minutes, they will finish by the time your nuggets are out of the oven.
- In a food processor, combine pork rinds, almond meal, lime zest, & spices. Pulse until the mixture resembles fine crumbs. Set aside in a bowl.
- Crack 1 egg in a second bowl.
- Whisk the egg well until no whites are seen. Add 1-2 tsp. water if needed.
- Dip the chicken in the egg mixture, then dip into the crumb mixture. Coating each side well. Set on a cookie sheet that is covered with foil and has been sprayed with oil.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes or until nuggets are golden brown on the tops.
- While nuggets and fries are cooking, make the sauce by combining all ingredients together in a bowl.
- Garnish with sauce and serve with baked French fries.
- - Chicken Nuggets & Fries -
- 16 oz boneless chicken thighs
- 4 medium potatoes
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 large egg
- ½ oz pork rinds
- ¼ cup almond meal
- zest 1 lime
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ¼ tsp chili powder
- ⅛ tsp onion powder
- ⅛ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp red chili flakes
- - Dipping Sauce -
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ tsp red chili flakes
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ⅛ tsp cumin